Authors:

Carolyn Hill
Carolyn Wheeler
Tammy Brock

Psalms 19:14 NIV

May the words of mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

I just found out a dear former church member passed on today.  He is with our Lord.  Mr. Pickett you will never know how much you meant to us.  I will always remember you and Mandy calling each other Old Coot and Little Coot.  You use to pick on her...lol.....and would try your best to get her make the animal sounds.  Where did the time go? In my mind I see a little two year old baby girl reaching across the pew to grab your shirt.  I see Mandy standing on the pew looking at you like you lost your mind when she was three and you wanted her to pick back at you...lol.  There were a couple of times when we would take some things over to you and Ms. Dale and she would help me make them.  One comes to mind that we called a love cake.  So when ever we would take something over to someone it was called a love cake. 


When you take a simple cake
And stir in lots of love
It will start to resemble
A blessing from above

For those who brought
and those who received
Born from above
To reach those in need.

Tis a simple task to do
But a loving choice to make
When given from the heart
A simple love cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment