Authors:

Carolyn Hill
Carolyn Wheeler
Tammy Brock

Psalms 19:14 NIV

May the words of mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Hello all,

It has been awhile since my last post and I want to apologize for that.  Things have been tremendously busy here the past few months. 

I've written a children's book and have finally gotten it to a publisher so that is waiting in the wings.

And back in April my appendix decided it was ready to move on out.  Believe me when I say this, I was glad when the mover's (the doctor) decided to help it move on out of my body.   Boy that is something I wouldn't wish on any one.  

The rest of the time has been divided between the vegetable garden and redoing my little's room....

God has been so wonderful to me.  I am blessed.  I will try to start posting every week again.  I also am going to post some of my brother Kenny's thoughts for the day."   He is so talented.  Here is one to start for this week: 

A young female pilot from TEXAS is beginning flying lessons and is in a two-seater airplane with just the instructor pilot. He has a heart attack and dies. She, frantic, calls out a May Day.

"May Day! May Day! Help me! Help me! My instructor pilot had a heart attack and is dead, and I don't know how to fly. I'm just learning to be a pilot. Help me! Please help me!"

She hears a voice over the radio saying:
"This is Air Traffic Control and I have you loud and clear. I will talk you through this and get you back on the ground. I've had a lot of experience with this kind of problem.

'Now, just take a deep breath.
I need to ask you a few questions: Everything will be fine!
Is the plane flying level? Yes she answers
Is the instructor pilot strapped in his seat? Yes his seat belt is on
Ok…..great………..now give me your height and position."

She says, "I'm 5'4" and I'm in the front seat."

(After a long pause)

"O.K." says the voice on the radio…
"Now, repeat after me: Our Father Who art in Heaven… …"

==================
Almost everyday we find ourselves in panic situations, sometimes we panic about a situation we are in, sometimes we panic about situations others are in.....

Did you know worry works? Because 99% of the stuff we worry about never happens or ......it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be.

I have a little card that says "Worry Bad, Prayer Good" ..... we need to always remember to pray......not just in the bad times but also in the good.

One of my very favorite songs and is performed beautifully by Nancy Lovette... some of the words are....... His eye is on the sparrow, and I know he watches me !!!

Always remember that..................and know you are loved !!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment