Authors:

Carolyn Hill
Carolyn Wheeler
Tammy Brock

Psalms 19:14 NIV

May the words of mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."  Jeremiah 29:13

What does it mean to seek God, to really search for Him with all our hearts?  Well to seek means to try to find a person, place or thing;  to go in search of something or someone.  Search means to find somebody or something; to discover or to know something, to find something or someone by examination. But to search you have to make an effort.  To find something you come upon it, to locate it, to attain it, to locate something that was lost.  When you find something, you begin to understand it or realize it.   Your heart is the basis of emotional life:  in other words your inner most being where the deepest and sincerest feelings of you are located.  This is the place where you feel the most, be it joy, pain, sorrow or happiness. 

When I search for God with my most inner being, no matter what emotion I might be feeling, I will find my Saviour and Heavenly Father there.  But God created us with a free choice.  He will not demand of me to search and find Him.  He is more than willing to run to me when I make the choice to run to Him.  He loves me and you to much to demand our love.  Merry Christmas everyone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment