Authors:

Carolyn Hill
Carolyn Wheeler
Tammy Brock

Psalms 19:14 NIV

May the words of mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Friday, February 5, 2016

It has been awhile since my last post.  I've been working on a book.  As some of you may know, I published a children's book several years ago.  I wanted to work in a different direction this time.  The book I'm currently on will have some true history of my family.  I thought it would be a neat way to preserve family memories and also keep the relatives guessing just what character is based upon the skeletons in our family closet.  No, I'm not airing our dirty laundry but hopefully and skillfully portraying our ancestors in some funny and not so funny memories.   A person must have a vision or a dream right?  Well here is hoping some dreams can come true.............

I have subscribed to a newsletter about writing and from time to time they list contest which one may enter to receive tips and instruction upon future writing endeavors.  Over all a very helpful newsletter which not only provides essential information on writing skills but great links as well.   The link below is pretty awesome, so check it out.

Chuck Sambuchino
Editor, GLA and CWIM
http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/guide-to-literary-agents

Below I copied and pasted from Writersdigest newsletter the contest.  Also notice the GLA Blog post.


New Free Contest for Writers of Women's Fiction -- Judged by Agent Elizabeth Winick Rubenstein (with prizes!)

Welcome to the 21st (free!) "Dear Lucky Agent" Contest on the GLA blog. This is a FREE recurring online contest with agent judges and super-cool prizes. Here's the deal: With every contest, the details are essentially the same, but the niche itself changes-meaning each contest is focused around a specific category or two. So if you're writing women's fiction, this 21st contest is for you! (No genre romance or erotica.) The contest is live through end of day, Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2016. The contest is judged by agent Elizabeth Winick Rubenstein of McIntosh & Otis.

Learn all details on the GLA Blog post.

That said, here's the gist: You turn in the first page of your unpublished book-length completed women's fiction manuscript, and Elizabeth judges all entries. Winners get writing prizes, including a critique of their first 10 pages from Elizabeth. Good luck to all who enter!

I hope to do better with the post from now on.  Have a great day and remember that Jesus love you.

















No comments:

Post a Comment