Authors:

Carolyn Hill
Carolyn Wheeler
Tammy Brock

Psalms 19:14 NIV

May the words of mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Monday, January 7, 2013



"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD; though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."  Isaiah 1:18

"Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you......"  James 4:8

Have you ever heard the term "eat crow"?  This all started the other night when I made a flippant comment about one being able to make a choice in a situation.  Actually I was commenting on a comment my brother made about choosing to have a good day when everything goes wrong.  I learned that it is very hard to do.  I hate to admit it, but the last couple of days I've had crow sandwiches, crow potluck, crow steak and crow mystery meat.  The very next day the Lord allowed me to make some choices.  I differently made some bad choices.  Honestly, I didn't even give thought to a choice, I just reacted instead of acting.  When will I ever learn to bridle my mouth?  When will I learn to stop and pray before I act or react to something?  A situation arose and I jumped right square in the middle of it really giving it the what for.  Yeah, I sure made the LORD proud of me (I'm being very very sarcastic here.)  The bottom line is I didn't mean half of what I said.  Have you ever been justified to be angry but sinned by the way you handled that anger? I've asked and cried and asked again for my Heavenly Father to forgive my outburst.  I've gone to the injured party and have asked forgiveness there as well.  The BIBLE tells us that GOD's mercy is new every morning, and thankfully it is true.  My prayer for me and you  is that HE will help each of us(me) to not say or do anything until I consult with HIM first.  Hope you all have a great day.......

No comments:

Post a Comment