Authors:

Carolyn Hill
Carolyn Wheeler
Tammy Brock

Psalms 19:14 NIV

May the words of mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat?  or, What shall we drink?  or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?  (For after all these things to the Gentiles seek:)  for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and  His righteousness;  and all these things shall be added unto you.  Matthew 6:30-33




  1. The definition of worry is be or make anxious: to feel anxious about something unpleasant that may have happened or may happen, or make somebody do this
  2. annoy somebody: to annoy somebody by making insistent demands or complaints
It is so hard to not worry sometimes especially when the wolf is at the door howling.  Right now the wolf is actually scratching on the door and I think that I can actually hear is panting and licking his chops....(smile).


Driving home from Church the other evening there was a radio preacher stating that God has already provided that all we had to do was trust.  Little did I know then how much that message would mean to me a week later.  Nothing in this life is secure except for our relationship with Jesus.  He has promised to never leave us or forsake us.  He promised to lead us if we would allow Him to.  My biggest problem is that I run ahead of Him and get lost out on a big limb over looking the rushing river below.  Then a fog comes in and I can't see anything.  Then the fear comes in and I can't see Him.  I just have to remember that even on that scary log in the fog He is with me.  I have to keep telling myself over and over that I trust Him.  Then pretty soon my fear has left.  Yes it comes back ever so often, but I have to run to my Jesus.  As long as I keep my eyes on Him and try my best to live for Him the way He teaches in the Bible, I know it will all work out.  Scary?  Yes.  Forsaken?  No!!

No comments:

Post a Comment