Authors:

Carolyn Hill
Carolyn Wheeler
Tammy Brock

Psalms 19:14 NIV

May the words of mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Friday, February 21, 2014

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.  Proverbs 17:22










My little one who is now 7, just got her first official love letter.  It seems like only yesterday she was a 7 month old baby and now she is getting love letters. Whewww.......I'm not ready for this.   But she was so cute telling me all about it.  I can't help but smile.    When school first started this year I knew we would begin our growing up but I didn't quite expect the boyfriend stuff this soon.   So I've battened down the hatches and started planting what I hope are seeds of direction and hope.  I feel like you can never start to early trying to teach them about opposite relationships and expectations of those relationships.  My husband and I have started a date night with daddy.  We both want her to have a good relationship with both of us, together and separate.  We believe that by her having a date night with daddy only that she will have an example of what it should be and plus she and her daddy will have a close bond which will be very important when it comes time to allow her to start dating for real.  If daddy doesn't approve of the boy then she will be more willing to listen and to trust her father's opinion.  We all make decisions, some good and some bad but looking back how many times have I wished I would have listened more to my parents.  I've come to realize that they weren't quite as ignorant as I thought they were when I was 14. 


We are often that way with our Heavenly Father.  I know I am.  I don't want to be but more times than not I just don't listen.  May He or rather I should say I hope and pray His patience doesn't run out on me...............  My goal is to listen to and for Him.   Yet sometimes it is so hard to be still even when I'm reading my Bible, my mind gets to running here and there.  Do you ever do that?  Pray with me that we will all be better listeners this year as well as a cheerful attitude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment