Authors:

Carolyn Hill
Carolyn Wheeler
Tammy Brock

Psalms 19:14 NIV

May the words of mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.    Proverbs 16:3


Do you ever have to fight to keep your thoughts right?  I do.  I will start out great then bam, I'm thinking something I have no business thinking.  I wasn't even thinking anything along that line to begin with.  What happened?  How did it happen?  Where did it come from?  Honestly, it came from the pits of hell. 


God made us as free beings to choose whom we will serve.  God doesn't want robots, He wants everyone to want to choose to honor and love Him.  The devil covets this also.  If you are a child of God and you strive to do what you know will be honoring and pleasing to our Lord, our God, then the devil is going to start throwing his flaming darts your way.  The devil wants you to set your eyes and thoughts on him rather than God.  That is when I start running as hard as I can to my Heavenly Father.  Sometimes I trip and get turned around and start looking at what the devil has to offer.  But God is always right there waiting and calling me back to Him.  You think I would learn, right? 
We are not perfect.   We will not always do what is right.   But we will always be forgiven when we come with a repentant heart and confess it to our Lord.  The Bible tells us that He is faithful and just to forgive us of all unrighteousness when we ask with a repentant heart. 


Sometimes, actually most of the time, I get so excited or gung-ho about something that I just don't wait for the proper time or answer.  This usually gets me into all sorts of trouble.  All I can say is that I'm thankful my Heavenly Father is so forgiving and  patient with me.  He will be with you too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment