Authors:

Carolyn Hill
Carolyn Wheeler
Tammy Brock

Psalms 19:14 NIV

May the words of mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Monday, October 1, 2012

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.  By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."  John 13:34-35

God is love.  What is love?  Have you ever really stopped long enough to really think about what the word love means?  Why is it so easy to love some people and a challenge to love others.  Is it possible to pick and choose who you love? Why do others make it so hard to love them?  Why do we hurt the very ones we love the most?  Why can a mother be anger at her child and in the same instant give her life for that child?  Why did Jesus love a dirty rotten sinner like me so much that He died on a cross that was meant for me?  Why did He, the King of Kings, leave Heaven, to come to this earth and die for me? 

The Bible tells us to love.

Love:

is long suffering and kind
does not envy
not parade itself
is not puffed up
does not behave rudely
does not seek its own
is not provoked
thinks no evil
does not rejoice in iniquity (sin)

Love gives without thought of getting something back. I love to give to folks.  I love to help people. 

I do have a tendency to think evil thoughts, but I immediately give it to my Jesus and ask for His help.  I honestly do not want to think those things.  I've noticed that if I focus on Jesus the thoughts run back to hell from whence they came.  What is that scripture..."resist the devil and he will flee from you."

Love is not provoked.....to me this verse is saying don't be so quick tempered, be slow to anger.  I try..... Love is able to turn the other cheek.  These two is where I have the hardest time of living it out.  As an aging redhead, my temper is quick and forceful.  I get over it quickly, but the gusty winds of my anger can blow me off course.  I rant and rave and eventually I just blow myself out.  But oh the damage that I left in my wake.  If only I had listened to that still small voice at the very beginning..........forgive........let it go......pray for them......How can I stay mad at someone I'm praying for?  It isn't easy.  Believe me, I've tried.  I have worked myself up to a good mad fit, then started feeling guilty, started praying for that person, wanted to stay mad but couldn't.  Before long the Lord has showed me I was the one in the wrong to begin with.    Don't ya hate it when you get all worked up for nothing...lol. 

Thank you Dear Jesus for being more patient with me than I am to others.  Thank you for your continually forgiveness and mercy.  Thank you for continual lessons on what it means to forgive and be forgiven.  Thank you my Savior for dying on the cross for me.  Thank you for the beating and mocking.  Thank you for the nails.  Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.........I love you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment