Authors:

Carolyn Hill
Carolyn Wheeler
Tammy Brock

Psalms 19:14 NIV

May the words of mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Friday, October 5, 2012

"But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing."  James 1:4

Have you ever had one of those days where you act a fool?  From out of nowhere comes a tiny little monster that creates havoc in your world and those around you.Yesterday was one of those days for me.  I had gotten upset over something that really shouldn't have upset me as much as it did.  But instead of allowing the Lord to work through me, I barrow on through uprooting and tearing down instead of correcting and replanting.  I have felt guilty and wrestled with my feelings all night.  This morning my devotional email from Love Worth Finding was about perfection, what it is and isn't.  I think what happened yesterday was my unfair expectations of someone and expectations of myself came to a head.  We are all sinners and I shouldn't expect someone to be perfect when I am far from it myself.  But thank you Lord that your mercy and compassion is new every morning.  

My devotional said that a mighty oak tree starts out as a little bitty acorn.  This acorn has to go through flood, drought, storms and sunshine to grow.  It takes years to grow into the mighty majestic tree that God foreseen and created.  In essence I am beginning to realize that I'm just a little nut that God has planted.   He has a plan and purpose for my life.  What?  Only my Lord knows.  But thank you Dear God for loving this little nut. 

 "...when we are discouraged and feeling a little blue, take a look at a might oak and see what a nut can do."  This comes from the sermons and thoughts of Adrian Rogers.

No comments:

Post a Comment