Authors:

Carolyn Hill
Carolyn Wheeler
Tammy Brock

Psalms 19:14 NIV

May the words of mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Lift up your head, redemption draweth nigh.  This is a beautiful hymn which also has scriptural backing.  Things do so seem to be escalating very fast.  It seems our new old President isn't wasting any time.  Our freedom and rights, according to our Constitution of the United States, are being ripped out from under us.  Some see it but sadly the majority do not.  My mind is screaming Heaven help us, and then a small voice says He will.  Yes He will, for He is the great I AM.  There is nothing or no one that can touch us unless He allows it.  My job is to trust Him and to obey Him.  Which is very hard sometimes because my plans don't match up to His plans for me.  And slowly I am learning that if I would just listen, obey and respect, my life would be filled with joy.  It may not be any easier, but it would be filled with joy.  My little one is going through a phase of not listening very well.  I try being the good guy and say "are your listening ears on?"  "Yes'am".  And then not five minutes later I have a repeat offender on my hands.  Depending upon my hormones, be they balanced or zig zaggy, depends on the punishment.  I started years ago with one more chance which may have not been the wisest parental choice I could have made, but we are constantly just one more last chance.  Now we have to be a little more assertive with you are down to a half a chance, better think wisely before you act.  All this rambling and chasing rabbits is to say "Thank you, Dear Jesus, our Heavenly Father, for one more last chance."  I don't know what tomorrow may bring, but you are in control of tomorrow.  You are in control of the here and now.  You are in control of the past.  My control is to trust you this moment, this second and not to look back. "Trust and obey, for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey."  That blessed hymn says it all.



No comments:

Post a Comment