Authors:

Carolyn Hill
Carolyn Wheeler
Tammy Brock

Psalms 19:14 NIV

May the words of mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Friday, June 1, 2012

1 John 3:1-2
  See how great a love the Father as bestowed upon us, that we should be called children of God; and (such) we are.  For this reason the world does not now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we shall be.  We know that, when He appears, we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him just as He is.

I've been struggling here lately with feelings of self-worth.  Some days I feel like Queen Ester who is the only one at that time that, that God chose to use to save her (God's chosen) people.  And other days I'm the baker in prison with Joseph, who just realized my head is about to be chopped off.   Sometimes I can stand and dare anyone who might look at me wrong, yet in the same hour be hiding in the bathroom crying my eyes out because my husband dared to say something was alright instead of wonderful.  

Thank goodness God knows my frame.  I believe He is working on me.   I've been diagnosed with epilepsy and the law where I live states that you must be seizure free for a year before you can drive. I have six months to go.  It is kinda like being under house arrest.  It is wonderful on one hand yet it feels like my freedom has been taken away.  Don't get me wrong, I love being here.  I have so many little projects started......not finished yet but at least started.  And I love being with my daughter this last year before she goes to school this fall for the first time.  But I hate having to depend on others and/or ask others to take me somewhere.  It feels like I'm putting them out...  I can't just up and go.  I could walk I suppose, but no one would want me around by the time I got there....especially in the heat of summer....lol.   Today has been especially trying.  And I admit I have looked up to Heaven and asked why several times today.  But I've got to realize all things work for  good to those that love Him....  God is my Father.  I am His child, whether I feel it or not.   What I believe He is trying to get me to see is that He is my Daddy not just a Father.  He is someone I can run to when I'm sad and even much more when I'm excited and happy.  He loves me.  I haven't gone hungry yet.  I may not have what I want, but I haven't missed a meal. I even had to put myself on a diet a time or two.

I prayed several months ago that God would work out some way for me to be able to stay at home with my little girl.  And He did, just not the way I expected.  Epilepsy.  But on the bright side, our gas bill is down, my cooking is getting a little better.  Yeah, I know, but I do have good cook days now.  The clothes aren't piling up like they use to.  We even have a little vegetable garden.  My Daddy has taken very good care of me.

tsb      

No comments:

Post a Comment