Authors:

Carolyn Hill
Carolyn Wheeler
Tammy Brock

Psalms 19:14 NIV

May the words of mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Thursday, August 9, 2012












Don't Sweat The Small Stuff

My son once told me, not so long ago, "Mom, don't sweat the small stuff."

Believe it or not the very next day a newspaper had those very same words and I cut It out as a reminder for me.  My son said "I told you Mom, don't sweat the small stuff." 

I wonder if daily we worry about the little things that shouldn't matter and forget the most important things that should matter; like sharing the word of God and His love with others.  I remember the story of Mary and Martha in the bible and what Jesus said (Luke 10:41-42):  "And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou are careful (anxious) and troubled about many things; but one thing is needful and Mary hath chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her." 

Mary chose to sit at Jesus feet and to listen to what He was saying.  I pray that I too, may choose the right way daily as I go about doing things and choose as Mary did to not sweat the small stuff, but do the important thing like listening to Jesus and doing what He wants me to do. 

CSH

No comments:

Post a Comment