Authors:

Carolyn Hill
Carolyn Wheeler
Tammy Brock

Psalms 19:14 NIV

May the words of mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Monday, November 26, 2012

...and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.  Hebrews 4:12

....and the golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.  Revelation 5:8

But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  Matthew 10:30

But I say unto you, That every idle word that men hall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.  For by the words thou shalt be justified and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.  Matthew 12:36-37

For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good , or whether it be evil.  Ecclesiastes 12:14

When I started this, I was going somewhere different.  I wanted it to be a reassuring devotional, but from the scriptures I chose it seems to be more of a watch out and be careful.  But actually it is both. In our Bible study at church last night, we are in Revelations, chapter 5, vs. 8, taught me something else I never knew...that God keeps my prayers.  Now I've read in Revelation's before about the martyrs crying out to God from the throne, but I never saw before the verse where He keeps my prayers in a golden vial.  I've read also about the hairs of your head being numbered. Which makes me think we would have to have a host of angels around us to do the counting, especially if you look on my bathroom floor every morning or the shower after I wash my hair.   It kinda makes me feel really special to my Lord, that He loves me enough to keep up with my prayers.  Even the not quite so serious ones about letting it snow for Christmas.  It puts me in mind of a huge refrigerator that the Lord has with all my drawings on it.  He loves you and me that much!!

Now on the down side of this, is also the fact He keeps up with my bad attitudes and actions as well.  Like the above verse in Ecclesiastes, even the secret thoughts.  This one is one of the ones I wish He wouldn't keep up with.  I'm ashamed to say that I can have some really bad thoughts sometimes.  I don't want to, but they are there. 

But there is hope.  I just run to my Jesus, confess it and truly try my very best with His help to not let my mind go there.  I fall and fail, quite often, but I run back to my Lord.  Sometimes He has to do some stern talking to me, before I'm willing to let go of those thoughts and actions.  I am not perfect.  But the thing is, I want to be for Him.  It will not happen in this life, but soon...........The best part....HE STILL LOVES ME despite my failures and even my filthy good works and intentions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment