Authors:

Carolyn Hill
Carolyn Wheeler
Tammy Brock

Psalms 19:14 NIV

May the words of mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Proverbs 4 13-27

Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go : keep her; for she is thy life. 14 Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men. 15 Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.  23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. 24 Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee. 25 Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee. 26 Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established . 27 Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.


The above scriptures should be on every door or window we look out of.  Sometimes it is so hard to take instructions especially if we think we already know a lot on the subject.  The path of the wicked is covered up to look so pretty and peaceful but once on that path you start to see things change.  I've known a few evil men and women in my time.  Oh how I wished I had stayed away from them.  They come off being angels but once your hooked they show their true selves.  Keeping my heart with diligence?  I looked up the word  and it says to be attentive, or assiduous, quietly and steadily in effort to accomplish something; attentive and persistent in doing anything: especially in detail or exactness.  Good ole plain English pay attention and do it right.  Put away a forward mouth and perverse lips. A forward mouth is not easily controlled and speaks whatever it thinks.  How many times has this gotten us all in trouble?  Be honest.  Letting your eyes look straight ahead...what is the story in the Bible about Lot's wife?  If you keep your eyes straight on what is in front of you a whole lot better off you will be.  Don't worry about the Jones or the Waltons, you have enough to worry about on your own plate.  Watch where your feet are going.  If you see you are heading down a path that is wicked, turn around and beat it as fast as you can away from there.  I wish I had a million times over turned around and ran instead of looking to the left and right.  There would have been a whole lot less heartache and sin.  There is a child's song about oh be careful little eyes what you see, you know the one.  My prayer is that I can teach my daughter to be careful of her eyes, ears, mind, mouth, hands and feet.  That all these things belong to Jesus and for her to use them for Jesus and not the devil and his wicked schemes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment