Authors:

Carolyn Hill
Carolyn Wheeler
Tammy Brock

Psalms 19:14 NIV

May the words of mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Psalm 38 various verses:

For mine iniquities are gone over mine head:  as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me.  My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness.  I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.  For in thee, O LORD, do I hope;  thou wilt hear, O LORD, my GOD.  For I will declare mine iniquity;  I will be sorry for my sin.  Make haste to help me, O LORD my salvation.

These verses kinda sum up the last couple of weeks for me.  We all sin, from the old man to the youngest child.  Sometimes I find myself trying to justify my sin, but bottom line, sin is sin.  I've gotten my feelings hurt from a beloved family member this week.  I know down deep they truly meant well.  But how much pain, sorrow and hurt feelings could be avoided if we were honest in love, instead of assuming in love.  Same goes for my little one.  She got mad and threw a dosey of a tantrum the other night.  And for once, with the Good Lord's help I kept my cool and steadily in a calm voice talked her threw it till she was calmer.  Now to be honest every nerve in my body was thinking major punishment.  And it was during this crisis we had company.  She lost some privileges and was in a sour mood for a while, but a couple of hours later she came on her own and apologized for acting so ugly, that made it all worth while.  I hate to see her upset, but she has to learn she cannot have her way all the time and there are better ways to show your anger.  Anger and sin fester like a sore in the above verses.  If you leave it to fester nothing good comes from it, but if you tend it, even though it may be sore for awhile, good healing will take place.  The fact that she came and said she was sorry showed me she learned something from it.  Isn't this what GOD wants us to do?  To learn from our mistakes.  We are made in HIS image, so the joy I felt when she apologized must be amplified when I go to my Heavenly Father and apologize.  The relationship was restored between she and I, and if we go to our Father in Heaven, the relationship He is more than willing to restore.     

No comments:

Post a Comment